Pie crust can be very intimidating to make. You want to find that equal balance of flakiness and sweetness. This recipe is simple, yet tasteful and pairs great with any pie filling.
So what all do you need to make the ideal pie crust?
You will need:
2 and a 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 sticks of COLD butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup of COLD water
Okay, how do we make this? Keep in mind, this crust makes for one pie, so if you are needing to make more than one pie, adjust accordingly.
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and sugar) into a bowl.
2. Slice the sticks of cold butter into the mixture of dry ingredients.
3. Taking a fork, cut the butter further into the dry mixture until blended. You will then see little balls of butter within the mixture.
4. Take the cold water and gently add while kneading. Add as much as you need until you have a dough, but do not make it sticky.
5. With your hands, knead the crust unil all ingredients are blended. If the crust starts to feel sticky, take a little bit more flour and blend in.
6. Refrigerate the crust until needed. Preferably within a half an hour to cool the crust.
7. Spread a dash of flour on your counter, or work area, and roll out to continue with making your pie.
It is easy as that! I hope you enjoy this pie crust recipe. It is simple, yet tasty. I would love to hear how your pie crust came out over on my social media. Be sure to follow Project:Momhood on Facebook and Instagram. As always, be sure to follow my blog here on my website to kep in-the-know of new blog posts.
Have fun baking.