Chicken Pot Pie is one of the best comfort foods around. With a family of seven, we tend to find meals that are “easier”, so we aren’t hustling-and-bustlin just over dinner. I originally found this recipe on Pinterest, but have tweaked it to meet our wants and desires out of a hearty casserole. I present to you: Semi-homemade chicken pot pie casserole.
This recipe yields for four servings (if you did two biscuits a person).
The things that you will need are:
2 cans of cream of chicken
2 cups of chicken stock
½ pound of chicken
3 cans of mixed vegetables
1 can of biscuits (eight per can)
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. In a pan, cook chicken breast, then shred into smaller pieces.
3. In a large mixing bowl; mix 2 cans of cream of chicken, 2 cups of chicken stock, and 3 cans of mixed vegetables. Stir until well blended.
4. In a glass casserole dish, pour the mixture. This will create a bed for the biscuits.
5. Once the chicken is partially cooled, sprinkle the shredded chicken onto the mixture.
6. Place eight biscuits on top of the chicken and mixture. In a 9×13 pan, you can do a row of two, and a column of four.
7. Bake in the oven, uncovered, for about twenty minutes. Depending on your oven, the biscuits will be perfectly golden, but make sure they are not gooey on the bottom. The mixture will create a moist biscuit.
8. Once complete, sit out and serve.
This recipe was to die for. It was perfectly balanced with cream, chicken, and biscuit. It is simple enough, fast enough, and healthy enough for your loved ones to enjoy. When I think of comfort foods, I think of pot pies.
I hope you enjoy this simple, yet yummy recipe.