Thanksgiving. A day where we stuff our faces with mashed potatoes, turkey, and pie. But do many of us truly feel.. grateful? Sometimes we look more onto the negative things in our life, than the blessings. Can you close your eyes and list off at least ten blessings in your life? Here I go:
- I am blessed to have such an amazing, healthy daughter.
- I am blessed to have a supportive, handsome fiancé.
- I am blessed to have four, wonderful stepchildren.
- I am blessed to have a home to grow my family in.
- I am blessed to have my family, and friends to lean on for support.
- I am blessed to be alive, to raise my baby girl.
- I am blessed to be educated, healthy, and strong.
- I am blessed to have people overseas fighting for my freedom.
- I am blessed to have the funds to care for my family.
- I am blessed to be loved by an awesome God!
We may struggle to find “blessings” when we go through rough times in life. Currently, my fiancé and I are dealing with a high-conflict bio mom. Life can be hell at times, but in the end of the day, I know she will have to report to God. I know that life will once day lighten up and peace will overcome. Before I met my fiancé, I was a single mother for two years. The best two years of my life. Why? It was because I knew I, myself, was providing for my daughter and nothing was getting in my way. I knew that I was the damn best at being mom and dad to my little girl. I thought nothing could break me. Until her father left her life, life was hell. But realizing that WE were better off without him, was a blessing.
This Thanksgiving, take a moment of silence and pray to the Lord above, for ALL of the things in your life. Whether it be a drama filled family, pray for peace. It be a high-conflict ex, pray for your sanity to be restored. If it be you are dealing with inner feelings, pray for a calmed mind. This Thanksgiving, I am praying to remain humble. I am praying to find peace amongst all of the issues that are thrown my way. Rather than dwelling on the bio mom’s actions, I am thankful that we do have another mother who is co-parenting excellent and following guidelines for Thanksgiving. We will forever cherish these moments as a family, and no one will intervene.
“Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever”
- 1 Chronicles 16:34
God is good all the time. All the time God is good.
What ever issues you may come across in your life, just know there is ALWAYS something to be grateful. So while you chow down on your favorite foods, say a little prayer to God, thanking him.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving this year, and have a blessed day.